Delisted: Bay Tech lot withdrawn from MLS
Just because I’ve not written anything on the Bay Waveland School District real estate scandal does not mean things have not been happening folks. I’m not going to slice and dice this subject like some of the other matters I cover as there is no need. That said I’ve have enough accumulated for an update so here goes.
First is the local rumor mill, which is saying the FBI has been poking around. I’ve found doing Slabbed that rumors about grand jury investigations and investigations in general to be notoriously unreliable since there are so many moving parts involved, so I’d urge the buyer of such ruminations to beware.
Second is I’ve heard several tantalizing tidbits about the confirmed investigation into this by the Mississippi Real Estate Commission. After taking a peeksie at their list of disiplinary actions I wonder what it would take for a realtor to actually lose their license in this state. That said this investigation appears to be moving quickly to a resolution.
Third is what I’ll call a verifiable fact on the Bay Tech Lot next to the building as the listing with McDonald Realty has been cancelled per the MLS as of October 17, 2012. Going back through my notes on the lot from earlier interviews with Mr Bill Washburn with the Magnolia Group and Avra O’Dwyer of O’Dwyer Realty I noted Mr Washburn indicated the lot was listed at $135,000 and that soon after Slabbed broke this story he indicated he fired his realtor Mary Bunch. I duly noted the McDonald Realty sign remained on the property and the listing remained active in the MLS for weeks after Mr Washburn gave me that interview.
What is screwey about the whole deal is the MLS indicated the property was for sale for $150,000 and the price was then reduced by $5,000 one week later and then another $2,500 one week after that, such activity taking place before Slabbed broke this story. The final price @ $142,500 per the MLS still differs from the $135,000 Mr Washburn told me was the asking price.
If I can confirm any of the rumors or as developments warrant, I’ll post an update so stay tuned.
Links to Slabbed’s previous coverage of this matter:
- Guest Post: What made Bay Waveland School Board President Sherry Ponder change her mind about the Bay Tech Building
- Upon the hill they planted their flag….
- School District records suggest collusion in Bay Waveland’s School District’s purchase of Bay Tech Building
- Sea Coast Echo story on Bay Waveland Schools buying Bay Tech building raises additional questions (UPDATED)
- Bay Waveland School Board Minutes add color to the purchase of the old Bay Tech building
- Court documents raise questions about Bay-Waveland School District’s purchase of the old Bay Tech Building